Last Updated: Friday, September 18, 2020
S.R. 201 to 12300 South & 7200 South Widening
Ongoing Construction Activities
Crews will continue work along the northern segments of the project, from 2700 South to 10000 South. Please expect final work on structures, pothole patching, and striping with nightly lane closures to accommodate final work.
Work on 7200 South between 700 West and Bingham Junction:
- Crews are installing retaining walls near the Road Home.
- Drivers can expect eastbound right lane closures on 7200 South at all hours
Please note that due to weather, Project conflicts, utility issues, or equipment/supply issues, schedules are subject to change.
What to Expect
I-15 lane closures may occur during the following times:
- Monday – Thursday, 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Friday, 11 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
- Saturday, 11 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Sunday, 6 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Drivers can expect nightly lane closures, including entrance and exit ramps.
- Drivers can expect temporary barriers and the outside shoulder to be closed. Use inside shoulder or signed pullouts in case of emergency.
- Residents and businesses adjacent to active construction can expect some increase in noise and dust.
To improve traffic flow and reduce congestion, UDOT is adding a southbound lane to I-15 between S.R. 201 and 12300 South and expanding 7200 South, west of the freeway. Work will include:
- Adding a lane to southbound I-15 between S.R. 201 and 12300 South in Salt Lake County.
- Widening 7200 South to three lanes in each direction from I-15 to Bingham Junction Boulevard in Midvale.
- Modifying the I-15 interchange at I-215 to improve traffic flow.
The I-15 Southbound project will use $180 million dollars in state funds, which accounts for the environmental study, design and construction.